Candle Safety & Burning Tips
- To ensure a smooth, complete burn be sure to allow entire top of candle to become liquid before extinguishing candle, this is especially important for the first burn to avoid “tunneling”.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended!
- Always burn candles on a heat resistant, level surface.
- Do not burn near drafts or flammable objects such as curtains, walls, paper, etc.
- Keep candle free of wick trimmings, matches, or other foreign matter that could become a fire hazard.
- Containers may become very hot, handle with care & avoid walking with lit candles.
- Keep wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times to avoid carbon build up on the wick (mushrooming) and soot release. If you notice smoke/soot while burning candle, immediately extinguish, allow to cool, trim wick, and re-light.
- Do not burn a candle in a container that is chipped or cracked. Do not allow flame to touch sides of container.
- If wick moves off center - extinguish flame, allow to cool slightly, then use a butter knife to gently push wick back to center before re-lighting.
- If a wick becomes too short to light, carve or pour away enough wax to expose the fresh wick, allow to cool, then re-light.
- As a safety mechanism, the wick will self-extinguish leaving about ¼ inch of wax at the bottom of the jar, you may use scoop the remaining bit of wax out to use in a tart warmer etc.
- To clean jars for reuse sit jars in very hot water to soften any remaining wax, wipe clean with paper towels, and wash in hot, sudsy water. RETURN CLEANED JARS FOR REFILL AT DISCOUNTED RATE!!!!